How To Make Texas Turtle Sheet Cake?
1 cup black coffee
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter
4 large spoon buttermilk
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter
3 large spoon cocoa
1 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup caramel sauce
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preparation :
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a baking pan. Mix flour / granulated sugar in a large bowl.
2. In a medium pot mix cup butter/cup cocoa/ and 1 cup of coffee & get the mixture to a boil, stirring permanently.
3. Pour chocolate mixture into the flour/sugar mixture.
4. Mix mixtures with a hand-held mixer until completely blended.
& we add eggs and cup of buttermilk, whisk for an extra minute. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake about 31 min.
- For Frosting:
1. In a medium pot mix butter, large spoon cocoa powder, and large spoon buttermilk. the mixture to a boil with medium heat, stirring permanently.
2. Remove from heat and use a wire beat to mix in powdered sugar. It’s best to add 1 cup first, whisk until soft, then add 1/2 cup at once until frosting is as thick/sold.
3. Pour the warm frosting over cake, and we spread chocolate chips & pecan pieces. before serving, spray caramel sauce over the cake.